4 de jun. de 2009

Visual Dictionary

Maybe you all know this dictionary already, but I must confess I only found it recently when I was desperate to find a specific term. It's the Merriam-Webster Visual Dictionary Online http://visual.merriam-webster.com/index.php (a vast improvement on the Lexicon I used to have when I was a student...). And it really is a great help when translating into English. Sometimes you can't find the right term for that little part... So try to find a picture of whatever it is that you want (a machine, an animal, a place) and you'll get the names for all the parts. For example, I looked up 'electronic scale' and this is the picture I got:

Or take 'harbor':

And below the picture you will find all the related terms. Truly useful.




Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Observação: somente um membro deste blog pode postar um comentário.