22 de dez. de 2009

Bye bye 2009 and Happy New Year!

2009 was a year of great achievements for me, as I hope it was for you all too. Despite the crisis, among other things, I reviewed 59 books (a couple of which were fabulous); secured a contract with a global company, with rates in euros; said a couple of no's to translation agencies offering US$ 2 cents per word; passed a translation exam (more about it next year); and worked on a very exciting translation project for a respected journalist and magazine (I'm still not comfortable revealing more for security reasons; I'm obviously not as brave as the journalist in question.)

Now I'm taking much anticipated and needed time off. Though I'm not going away, I'll be staying away from computer, blog and Twitter!

To all my translation colleagues I would like offer a list of wishes that I hope will come true for everyone in 2010:

lots of exciting translation jobs
with reasonable deadlines
and excellent rates
clients who pay cash as soon as you deliver the job
a computer that never crashes
CAT tools that never fail
and
lots and lots of free time!

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!

And thanks for reading my blog!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Observação: somente um membro deste blog pode postar um comentário.